Joash Smits, Director of Development
Joash began his career in construction in 1994. Joash received his Journeyman Carpenter Apprenticeship in 2002 and from there grew his career and knowledge and is today an expert in construction and construction management. He works hand in hand with project owners, in a key role, acting as the owner’s representative.
Joash was involved in the planning and execution of a multiyear, multi-phase shipyard expansion project at Marinette Marine Corp. (MMC). Some of the projects this wide-ranging expansion includes are:
- The addition of a ship erection facility while construction of a ship is in progress.
- A new panel line facility with the install of a blast and prime line, one sided welder and Messer cutting table move.
- A new module blast and paint facility which included the removal of the oldest building at MMC.
- The construction of a new steel module construction building.
- Shore power projects to support ships dockside.
- New 54″ storm sewer outfall projects and railroad modifications.
All this without interfering with manufacturing operations at MMC.
Joash and his wife Shannon have two daughters, Brianna and Gabriella. He enjoys spending time with his family and outdoor activities including fishing, golf, camping, canoeing, and grilling out.
- DDL Holdings/ Titletown Historic Renovation
- Ashwaubenon Boardwalk Office Complex
- Mack Truck Sales
- Sherwin Williams
- APAC Customer Service
- Fagaro’s Pizza
- Forte Composites
- Pierce Manufacturing
- Michael’s Crafts
- Tax Air Freight
- Anchor Bank
- American Express
- Madison Freight Systems
- Gerber’s Law Office
- Simon Insurance
- Walgreen’s Office
- Trex Concept Store
- Jacobs Engineering
- West De Pere School Press Box
- Building Solutions Center
- Robinson Metal
- Tom Dick & Harry’s
- Centerline Machining and Grinding